Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thing # 2 Evaluating Information

After perusing all the evaluation choices, I would like to
thank our beloved County Extension Agent for these
sources...especially the flash presentation of Evaluating,
Selecting, and Citing. I could never get YouTube to play.
The SBISD page kept rudely popping up.
Examining all the forms (online and printable), my
conclusions are the following:
1. SHARE: My online Web site: Lycos.com./Here Be Dragons, failed
flat on the two evaluation forms I selected. The forms I chose to use
were the University of Maryland Library's check list and Kathy Schrock's
Guide for Educators/Elementary Level.
2. DIFFERENCES: I am so visual, I would redesign both forms...
they all seemed crowed and cramped. Working with elementary students,
I would use Schrock's guide.
3. NATURAL PROCESS: As with learning anything, repeat, repeat,
repeat and hopefully, it will become second nature.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of us seem to like the same two evaluation forms. I didn't use Kathy Schrock's, but a number of bloggers have mentioned it. I did use the University of Maryland checklist, though.When you redesign both forms, would you please share with me? Your number 3 point is certainly a truism. Hope it works for me!

    ReplyDelete